Letter from Ian 21st March
Dear St Columba's Family,
I hope you are all still well. Please find below some ideas for what you might do on Sunday now coming to church is not an option.
This week I am suggesting resources mostly from other places, hopefully by next week we will have some more resources of our own. This Sunday, as well as being Mothering Sunday, is also a National Day of Prayer for the Virus. The prayer resources are suitable for ongoing use, and some of them will be available in church for people using it for private prayer - more of that next week.
I have tried to give a variety of resources so that everyone should be able to access something, I don't imagine anyone to engage with all of these:
1. RADIO - the Archbishop of Canterbury is leading Sunday Worship at 8.10am on BBC Radio 4.
2. RADIO - Premier Christian Radio have a "Big Sunday Service" from 7am to 1pm. This includes prayers as part of the National Day of Prayer for the Virus every hour until 7pm.This can be accessed via DAB digital radio, Freeview TV channel 725 and at www.premierchristianradio.com
3. PRAYER - Prayers from the Church of England - see here.
4. PRAYER - An hour of Prayer from 24/7 Prayer, this would be especially good to use on Sunday the National Day of Prayer - see here.
5. PRAYER - Some ideas of prayer activities to do with children (but none of us are too old to use them) - see here.
6. LIVESTREAM - a service on Sunday from Christ the King, Kettering, available at 10am, search Christ the King Kettering on youtube or go to www.youtube.com/channel/UCJHy2sirA7G9CA8VQI-rLJw
7. LIVESTREAM - a service for Mothering Sunday from St Peter's Oundle, available at 10.30am at www.facebook.com/oundlestpeters
If you use either of these please let me know how you found the experience, it may help in planning our efforts.
8. ACTION - This is the key event on Sunday - the Archbishops have called on everyone to place a lighted candle in their window at 7.00 p.m. on Sunday evening as a sign of solidarity and hope in the light of Christ that can never be extinguished.
In addition to the above there are the Christian TV channels that will be broadcasting as usual including TBN on Freeview channel 65.